In addition to PACE financing, SCEIP partners with several other organizations to offer residential programs that help save energy and money.
Windsor Efficiency PAYS® provides water and energy saving upgrades for Windsor residential properties that provide immediate utility bill savings, new water/energy saving appliances, and drought-resistant landscaping — with no upfront cost or debt.
Windsor homeowners and renters can “pay as you save®” by installing:
- Low-flow showerheads and aerators
- High efficiency measures — toilets, CFLs, clothes washers/dryers, refrigerators, and hot water recirculation pumps
- Drought-resistant landscaping — This is the single most important action you can take to improve the water supply
PAYS® upgrade measures are available to eligible Windsor residents based on current water and energy usage. Our Certified Contractor will help determine if a customer meets eligibility. Upon installation of selected efficiency appliances or landscape, you pay a surcharge on your water bill with the assurance that estimated savings on your combined utility bill (energy/water) will exceed the bi-monthly surcharge.
Additional customer assurances include:
- Certified contractors who have been pre-qualified to install upgrade measures, comply fully with installation standards/codes, and are fully insured and bonded
- Ability to end payment obligation if the customer leaves the home or apartment in which they have installed PAYS® measures that will remain installed at the residence
- Ability to end payment obligation if any installed measure fails at any time and cannot be repaired.
Windsor Efficiency PAYS® is a program of the Town of Windsor in partnership with Sonoma County Energy Independence Program, Sonoma County Regional Climate Protection Authority, Sonoma County Water Agency, and Climate Protection Campaign.
Are you interested?
- Email: WindsorEfficiencyPAYS@sonoma-county.org and be sure to include your name and phone number OR
- Call (707) 565-6472
Our Windsor Efficiency PAYS® experts are ready to help!
- Learn more at www.WindsorEfficiencyPAYS.org
- Windsor Efficiency PAYS® Frequently Asked Questions
- Windsor Efficiency PAYS® Brochure
- News article: Press Democrat, July 27, 2012
Healdsburg Electric Department
The City of Healdsburg and the Sonoma County Energy Independence Program (SCEIP) are excited to announce their new partnership in energy efficiency!
Healdsburg Electric Department, as a Publicly Owned Utility, provides energy efficiency programs and other incentives to Healdsburg Electric customers.
Today, the program consists of low-income subsidies for electric customers, energy efficiency programs for residential and commercial customers, incentives for new solar systems, and some development of renewable energy projects. Funding for these programs comes from the Public Benefits surcharge of each monthly electric bill.
To provide the best possible energy efficiency program, the City has entered into a partnership with SCEIP to provide competent and experienced professionals to support Healdsburg’s energy efficiency program goals.
SCEIP will provide oversight to the City’s activities and efforts with regard to the administration, development, management, evaluation, and promotion of energy efficiency programs. In addition, SCEIP will continue to seek grant opportunities consistent with the City’s customer composition as well as custom energy efficiency programs with a broad, city-wide appeal. For more information, please click HERE.
Sonoma County residents address their home’s energy waste by taking a “whole house” approach drawing upon building science, pre- and post-project testing, and energy performance analysis to provide maximum energy efficiency results through five steps:
1. Contact us for information or assistance at (707) 565-6470 or http://bayareaenergyupgrade.org
2. Learn about your house as a system with an energy analysis
3. Consult with your Participating Contractor to determine your best upgrade plan
4. Secure your financing, maximize Incentives/rebates, and prepare applications
5. Complete your project and reap your rewards: energy savings, lower utility bills, and a comfortable home