Windsor Efficiency PAYS® provides water and energy saving upgrades for Windsor residential properties that provide immediate utility bill savings, new water/energy saving appliances, and drought-resistant landscaping — with no upfront cost or debt.
Windsor homeowners and renters can “pay as you save®” by installing:
- Low-flow showerheads and aerators
- High efficiency measures — toilets, CFLs, clothes washers/dryers, refrigerators, and hot water recirculation pumps
- Drought-resistant landscaping — This is the single most important action you can take to improve the water supply
PAYS® upgrade measures are available to eligible Windsor residents based on current water and energy usage. Our Certified Contractor will help determine if a customer meets eligibility. Upon installation of selected efficiency appliances or landscape, you pay a surcharge on your water bill with the assurance that estimated savings on your combined utility bill (energy/water) will exceed the bi-monthly surcharge.
Additional customer assurances include:
- Certified contractors who have been pre-qualified to install upgrade measures, comply fully with installation standards/codes, and are fully insured and bonded.
- Ability to end payment obligation if the customer leaves the home or apartment in which they have installed PAYS® measures that will remain installed at the residence.
- Ability to end payment obligation if any installed measure fails at any time and cannot be repaired.
Windsor Efficiency PAYS® is a program of the Town of Windsor in partnership with Sonoma County Energy Independence Program, Sonoma County Regional Climate Protection Authority, Sonoma County Water Agency, and Climate Protection Campaign.
Are you interested?
- Click this link: WindsorEfficiencyPAYS@sonoma-county.org and be sure to include your name and phone number
- Call (707) 565-6472
Our Windsor Efficiency PAYS® experts are ready to help!